Пайшанба, 18.04.2024, 7:30:12

Вы вошли как Mehmon | Группа "Mehmon"Приветствую Вас Mehmon | RSS
Бош сахифа | Listening audio with the texts - Форум | Мой профиль | Регистрация | Выход | Вход
[ Новые сообщения · Участники · Правила форума · Поиск · RSS ]
  • Страница 1 из 1
Форум » Til o'rganish markazi / Learning center » Learning English » Listening audio with the texts
Listening audio with the texts
AbdulazizДата: Шанба, 31.01.2009, 9:15:44 | Сообщение # 1
Super Master
Статус: Offline

Hello everyone who interested to learning English.
In this article we are going to listening audio with texts. Here we go.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------- -

O'zbekiston - inhsa Alloh kelajagi buyuk davlat!

AbdulazizДата: Шанба, 31.01.2009, 9:22:33 | Сообщение # 2
Super Master

American Cities

OK, hello, I'm going to talk a little about American Cities. I'm going to talk about five American cities that are very famous to Americans and their nicknames and a little history about each of them.

New York
OK, the first city, probably the most well-known city in America, is New York, and in America we call New York "The Big Apple" and it's probably the biggest city in the United States and it's very diverse. It has a very multi-cultural population. People from all over the world come and live in New York and we say that New York is "the city that never sleeps" because there is always something going on.

Boston

Not too far from New York is Boston. Boston is probably the most historical city in the United States. It has a lot of famous landmarks that date back to the country's birthplace, 200 years ago when the country was founded. Also, Boston is called "Beantown". It's nickname is Beantown and Boston is know for being a college town. It has many university campuses within the city.

Chicago
OK, next up is Chicago. Chicago is called "the windy city". It's called the windy city because naturally it gets a lot of wind. It is located on Lake Michigan and it gets pretty cold in the winter. It's a very cold city. Chicago is know for it's blue-collar make up, meaning that most, or many of the people in the city are very tough and rugged, and we say "blue-collar" meaning they're really hard working people.

New Orleans

OK, next, another famous American city is New Orleans. Now New Orleans is called "The Big Easy" and New Orleans is famous for Jazz music and Cajun culture. It's probably the home of Jazz. I'm not sure about this, but Jazz is very well-known in New Orleans and there's many places where you can go and listen to Jazz music and unfortunately New Orleans recently had a terrible hurricane, Hurricane Katrina, so the city is currently being rebuilt, but I'm sure the big easy will be back and ready to go in no time.

Los Angeles

OK, the last city I'm going to talk about is Los Angeles, and we call Los Angeles "The City of Angels" because its name in Spanish means "The Angels" and Los Angeles is probably most famous for Hollywood and, for people overseas maybe, Disneyland, but Los Angeles is also is know for being very status oriented and, but people are very laid-back and easy-going as well, so Los Angeles has a really big mix of types of people that live within it, and of course, Los Angeles is known for its warm weather.

AbdulazizДата: Шанба, 31.01.2009, 9:26:25 | Сообщение # 3
Super Master

The Mountain Lion

OK, I'm going to talk about my favorite animal. Now this is an animal I've never seen in person, which is good, but I think it's a very beautiful animal and one that I've very interested in, and that is the mountain lion. Now the mountain lion lives in the Western Hemisphere and it can be found in both North America and South America.

As a matter of fact, the mountain lion has the largerst range of any animal in the Western Hemisphere. It lives as far north as Alaska and as far south as Chile and Argentina.

Now the name mountain lion is a little misleading because it's not an actual lion, even tough it looks pretty similar to the female lion of Africa. Actually, the mountain lion is closer to just the ordinary cat. As a matter of fact, the mountain lion does not roar. It only purrs, just like a cat does.

Now these days, fortunately, there's a lot of mountain lions. The population is growing. There is now 30,000 in the Western United States alone, and just in the State of California, there's between 4 and 6,000 mountain lions. NOw the mountain lion has sort of a sandy-brown color, and it has black tips on it's ears and tail, and it is an amazing athlete.

It can run up to 50 kilometers per hour and can jump 6 meters from a standing position forward, and it also has a very high verticle leap. Now males can get quite big. They can be as long as two and half meters, from head to tail, and can weigh up to 70 kilograms.

Usually they live about 10 years in the wild, and if the lion is in captivity, like in a zoo, they can live up to 25 years. Now the mountain lion is a ferocious hunter. It lives mainly on deer, which is it's main diet, what it likes to eat, and it can kill and carry something seven times it's weight.

AbdulazizДата: Шанба, 31.01.2009, 9:31:48 | Сообщение # 4
Super Master

Best Movies Ever

Best Comedy

My favorite comedy has to be Kingpin. Kingpin is a great story. It's about a guy that wants to win money in a bowling tournament and he finds a very religious man who can bowl very well and so he enters him into the bowling tournament to win money and the story also has a beautiful woman and they drive across the country. It's a fantastic story. I laughed so hard when I saw the movie. I recommend it to anybody.

Best Drama

One of my favorite dramas is a movie called Sling Blade and it's about a mentally handicapped man and his life. He is out of prison. He was in prison for murder, for a long time before and the story talks about his life and his relationship with the boy. It's really good because the movie has everything. It has suspense and drama. It has humor and also it's a little scary so it's a great movie and I could see it again and again.

Best Action Movie

OK, the best action movie I've ever seen has to be Raider's of the Lost Arc. My mom took me to see this movie when I was very young, about twelve, and I was just amazed. It was the coolest movie ever. After we finished, I was so excited, I asked my mom if we could see it again, and we couldn't see it again that time, but she did take me again to see it and I ended up seeing Raider's of the Lost Arc maybe four or five times. It has everthing. It has a love story, great action, great suspense. It's one of the best movies ever.

Best Science Fiction
OK, the best science fiction movie is still probably the original Star Wars. Many men my age saw this movie when we were young boys, and we were just blown away by the special effects in the story. Also my mother took me to see this movie as well and I remember driving home at night, looking up at the stars and thinking, "Wow, there's people out there that's just like Star wars" so I think this movie was very influential for many, many people.

Best Documentary
OK, the best documentary I've ever seen is Hoop Dreams. Hoop Dreams is a real story, a documentary about two basketball players over a four year period I think. And, it's just like a movie. It has drama and it has a great story line, and the people in the documentary, particularly the two basketball players, are fantastic. The story is mainly about, or the documantary mainly is about one player, basketball player who goes to a poor inner city school in Chicago, and one basketball player who goes to a rich school in the suburbs and the pressures they face to perform for their team.

Favorite Movie Of All Time

OK, my favorite movie of all time is Wall Street. This is just a fantastic movie. It's about business and power and greed and ambition and what people will do to succeed in life. I think this says a lot about people all around the world and how people crave power and how power can corrupt, and in the movie, Michael Douglas plays Gordon Gecko and I think he is the best villian of all time or the best bad character of all time. Even though he was the bad guy in the movie, I think every body loved Gordon Gecko.

AbdulazizДата: Шанба, 31.01.2009, 9:35:58 | Сообщение # 5
Super Master

Odd Jobs

OK, I'm gonna talk about jobs.

My First Job

My first job actually was working at a restaurant. I was a dish washer. I was fifteen years old and, actually, I thought the job was pretty cool. All I had to do was wash dishes. I worked alone in the back of the kitchen and the restaurant was not too busy. It was an Italian restaurant. It was pretty easy and I had a big machine to help clean the dishes and I think I made like two dollars an hour. I made no money but the job was pretty easy. I think I had that job for one year and I liked it.

My Current Job

Well, right now I am an English teacher. I've been an English teacher now for thirteen years on and off. I started teaching when I was twenty-three and now I am thirty-six, and I first started teaching in Thailand, and I taught there for awhile and then I went back to America and I taught in San Francisco. Then I stopped teaching for awhile and then I moved to Japan and I've been teaching in Japan for six years. I really like teaching English. It's a fun job. I like being with students and I probably will be in teaching for the rest of my life.

My Future Job

Well, like I said before, I think I will be in teaching forever but now I really enjoy computers and I enjoy materials development so I think in the future I will try to make multi-media and books and materials for students, so I will still be involved in education, but I would like to start my own business and do something outside of teaching as well.

My Best Job

Well, the easiest job I ever had, and the funnest job, was being a bartender. I was a bartender for two years. I took a two-year break from being an English teacher and I was a bartender and it was a lot of fun. I did not have to be at work until five. I got to go home at midnight or one, and I was paid to just sit and talk with people and give people drinks, and watch sports on TV and eat good food. I worked at a Thai restaurant and the staff was really nice, so I really enjoyed being a bartender. The only thing I didn't like about being a bartender was dealing with drunk people. I didn't like having to deal with drunk people, but besides that, it was a good job.

The Worst Job
OK, the worst job I've ever had was I used to be a painter. I painted houses and 1), I was not very good at it, and 2) it was pretty hard work. Every day you have to smell the paint, and the paint smells really bad, and you get paint all over your clothes and you have to climb really tall latters and paint really tall buildings and it's dangerous, and sometimes it's cold outside, so I did not like painting at all.

My Dream Job

OK, if I could have any job in the world, I would be a professional baseball player. I would play for the New York Yankees. I would want to be a position player, though. Like, I would want to play in the outfield. I would not want to be a pitcher because a pitcher only pitches every five days, so he has to sit and watch a lot of games. So, if I was a baseball player I would want to play every day. I think the best thing about being a baseball player, would be you get to travel a lot, go to lots of different cities, and you have the fun of competition and playing a sport you love. Actually, you would make a lot of money, but the money would not be very important to me.

Форум » Til o'rganish markazi / Learning center » Learning English » Listening audio with the texts
  • Страница 1 из 1
Поиск:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024